COVID-19 Virus Community Update | Hearthstone at Murrayhill
First off, I want to thank all of you for your patience and understanding as we along with the rest of the world work through the impact of the Covid-19 virus and our continued efforts to minimize the spread of this deadly virus.
We have been blessed and currently do not have any serious illnesses in the community and we ARE NOT in lockdown. If residents need to leave for an appointment they may do so however the State does want us to continue to limit visitors coming into the community.
Out of an abundance of caution and in keeping in compliance with the State of Emergency that has been declared and at the recommendation of the Oregon Health Care Association, the following precautionary measures have/are being implemented:
• All activities including exercise have been canceled until further notice. Residents can still visit each other and also walk the hallways. Let’s not forget that we are a community of neighbors known for helping neighbors.
• The US Post Office is now dropping off all mail at the reception desk. Our staff will be delivering mail to the apartments effective Tuesday, March 17th.
• The community Oregonian, Wall Street Journal, and New York Times newspapers have been suspended. The Oregonian will still be delivered to your apartment. If you wish to subscribe to the Oregonian, you can call 503-641-4376.
• DINING ROOMS CLOSED EFFECTIVE TUESDAY, MARCH 17th until further notice. The way that this will work is:
- Our staff will call you each day for the next day’s lunch and dinner meals. Residents can call reception for their breakfast each morning.
- Our staff will deliver the meals to you during the following window of time:
Our staff will pick up your dirty food service disposables. If you do take them to the laundry room, put the in the GARBAGE bin NOT the recycling bin. These items are NOT recyclable however they are compostable which goes into the trash.
If you are interested in setting up Skype on your computer so that you can talk to family members, ask us and we’ll help you get it set up. I also encourage you to watch TV shows other than the news.
Our #1 goal is to keep the residents and staff safe. This is an unprecedented time not seen since WWII and we can expect to be in this State of Emergency at least through April. Should you have any questions concerning these changes please feel free to ask.
Take the next step
Hearthstone at Murrayhill is an ideal choice for seniors who want to live in a social environment with few responsibilities, while having access to quality care and a little “extra help” when it’s needed.
You’re invited to take a personal tour, enjoy a meal, and see all that Hearthstone at Murrayhill has to offer. Call (503) 521-3000, or click below to set up your visit.