Hearthstone of Beaverton
A Warm Welcome
We understand that transitions are a challenge for everyone involved. That’s why we provide lots of support to help you through the process:
- When you reserve an apartment, our staff will provide you with contact information on professional organizers, packers and movers who can assist with downsizing, packing and transporting your belongings.
- When you first move in, our staff will give you a warm welcome – introducing you to other residents and staff, orienting you to the community, and familiarizing you with the many activities and amenities available.
Most of our new residents report that it doesn’t take long before they know their way around, connect with new friends, and have a renewed sense of purpose and belonging. In fact, it’s not uncommon for new residents to say, “I wish I’d moved here a long time ago!”
Safety & Security
At Hearthstone of Beaverton help is available to you 24 hours a day, and we make sure you know how to get help when you need it. Just knowing who to turn to when you have questions or need assistance can help you feel more relaxed and settled. Need assistance making a phone call? Can’t get your TV to work? Light bulb burned out? Toilet stopped up? Feeling dizzy? Cut your finger? Spill something? Here are just some of the managers and staff who are available to help you:
- Full-time administrator on-site Monday-Friday
- Full-time registered nurse on-site Monday-Friday; on-call evenings and weekends
- Trained caregivers and medication aides on duty 24/7
- Full-time receptionist monitors the front desk 7 days a week
- Full-time maintenance staff on-site Monday-Friday; on-call evenings and weekends
Since this is your home, Hearthstone of Beaverton is maintained with your safety in mind. Some of our safety features include:
- A state-of-the-art wireless call system that works anywhere in the building
- Each resident given a call button to wear
- An elevator means you no longer have to risk taking the stairs
- Hallway railings, bathroom grab bars, and fully-accessible showers
- Regular building inspections for fire hazards and 24/7 protection by a sprinkler system.
Housekeeping & Laundry
At Hearthstone of Beaverton all cleaning and laundry chores are done by our housekeeping staff:
- Your apartment is cleaned weekly (this includes dusting, vacuuming, kitchenette and bathroom)
- Your laundry (personal and linens) is done weekly
- We empty your trash each day
- Our staff are available to clean-up after accidents or spills, and to do extra laundry as needed
When you live in your own home you have to pay for multiple different utility services. The bills add up and can be overwhelming, not to mention expensive. At Hearthstone of Beaverton we provide all utility services, except phone, at no extra charge:
- Heat and air conditioning
- Water and sewer
- Cable TV
In addition, each apartment has a phone jack, so you can easily obtain phone service through a local service provider. Life is simpler when you don’t have so many bills to pay — and you don’t have to worry about loss of service.
At Hearthstone of Beaverton, home maintenance is our responsibility. You no longer need to hire a handyman, rely on family or friends, or try to fit things yourself. There’s no more worrying about the yard, the roof, cleaning the gutters, leaking pipes, stopped up toilets, burned out light bulbs, or broken appliances. By pressing your call button or calling the reception desk, you can rely on us to take care of these stressful tasks.
One of the best reasons to live at Hearthstone of Beaverton is that social interactions are easily available. And nothing is better for your physical, mental and emotional health than being around others! Instead of cooking and eating alone, you can share a meal — or a cup of coffee — with friends. When you want to connect with others to play a card game, watch sports on TV, or listen to music, it’s easy because your friends are all around you.
Our on-site hair salon provides residents with all their hair-styling needs. It’s a lot more pleasurable to get your hair done when you don’t have to go out in the rain!
Hearthstone of Beaverton provides a climate conducive to worship and spiritual growth. Our Sunday worship services, Wednesday Bible studies, and weekday devotions give you opportunities to nurture your faith and share fellowship with others — all on-site so you don’t have to worry about transportation. In addition to the programs listed above, our full-time chaplain offers a wide range of supportive services to residents and their families, including:
- One-on-one visits
- Grief counseling and spiritual counseling
- Memorial preparations for end-of-life
- Visits to hospitals and rehab settings to provide encouragement and support, and to maintain a strong connection to your Hearthstone home
While living at Hearthstone of Beaverton, you no longer have to worry about getting where you need to go. We have a bus that makes regular, scheduled runs for our residents:
- Medical appointments on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Shopping trips to Fred Meyer on Mondays
- Scenic drives
- Special outings
Want to Learn More?
Call Jo Anne Baumann at Hearthstone of Beaverton